BWBS Education Consultants [a business division of BW Business Solutions (UK) Ltd

Unit G23B, Waterfront Studios, 1 Dock Road, London ​E16 1AH, United Kingdom

Tel: +44(0)02074767066, Mob: +44(0)7507380343, Mob: +44(0)7885815796


Registered company in England & Wales. Reg. No. 8242189 ​All Rights Reserved © 2016

      Tel:  + ​44 (0) 2074767066

Mob:  + ​44 (0) 7507380343

Mob:  ​+ ​44 (0) 7885815796

Skype : bwbsedu


Frequently Asked Questions 

1. What is Tier 4 (General) student Points Based System?

Tier 4 (General) student visa is a points-based visa system. This category is for students coming to the UK for post-16 education. A Tier 4 (General) student must be at least 16 years old and obtain 40 points by having a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) (30 points) and the required level of maintenance funds (10 points).

2. How do I apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa from outside the UK?

It will depend on which country you are applying from. You can choose whether to apply using UKBA's online application system or by printing off the application form and completing it by hand based on countries listed on UKBA website. Please follow the link below:

3. How do I apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa from inside the UK?

You must complete the Tier 4 (General) student 'print and send application form' on the UKBA website unless you want to use the Super Premium Service or you are applying with 10 dependants or more. You will then need to use either 'standard service' to post your application form and supporting documents, and then enrol your biometric information; or 'premium service' to enrol your biometric information and submit your application form and supporting documents in person at one of UKBA's public enquiry offices and (in most cases) get a decision about your application on the same day. For more information please follow the link below:

4. When should I extend my Tier 4 (General) student visa?

If you are applying to continue your studies in the UK, your new course must start within 28 days of the expiry of your permission to say or, if you have overstayed, within 28 days of when that period of overstaying began.

5. How much fund do I need to show for my maintenance?

You must show that you have enough money to cover the outstanding course fees (mentioned on your CAS) for the first year of your course or for the entire course (if it is less than a year long) plus living costs.

£1265 per month for living costs for up to 9 months total of £11385 if you are studying in inner London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time): or

£1015 per month for living costs for up to 9 months total of £9135 if you are studying in outer London or anywhere else in the UK, for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) You can qualify for the reduced maintenance fund (the amounts shown above for up to 2 months) if you have an 'established presence' studying in the UK whether you are applying from inside the UK or from overseas.

• Dependent (Inner London): Each Dependent Needs £845 per month for living costs for up to 9 months total of £7605 or 

• Dependent (Outer London): Each Dependent Needs £680 per month for living costs for up to 9 months total of £6120

If you want to check whether the address of your main site of study is in inner London, you can put your Tier 4 sponsor’s postcode in to the ‘About my vote website’ which can be found at (

6. What is an 'established presence' studying in the UK?

You have an established presence studying in the UK if you have current entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 4 migrant, as a student, or as a Post-graduate Doctor or Dentist, and on the date of your application:

• You have finished a single course that was at least six months long within your last period of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain; or

• You are applying for a continued study on a single course where you have completed at least six months of that course.

7. What Photographs should I use for my Tier 4 (General) student visa application?

You must read the guidance on photographs given by the UKBA. Many students send photographs which are unacceptable and their application form is returned to them. Read the guidance by going to:

8. How much fees do I have to pay for my Tier 4 (General) student visa application?

If you are applying from outside the UK, application fee is £298.

If you are applying from inside the UK, Postal service application fee is £406. Premium service application fee is £781. If using the postal service you will be asked to make the payment online as part of the application process. You can pay by credit or debit card. If you wish to apply in person click ‘Premium Service’ for more information.

9. Will I have part-time work right if I get admission in a UK educational institution?

Yes. Part time work will be allowed during term time (and Full time during vacation), only if you get admission in University (max. 20 hours/week) or Public Funded College (max. 10 hours/week).

10. What is best option to pay my tuition fees to University?

By Bankers Draft or Bank Transfer to the University's Bank Account.

11. How do I get University's Bank details to pay my tuition fees?

It should be mentioned in your offer letter.

12. How do I obtain a CAS letter from university?

University's minimum entry requirements (for your desired course) must be fulfilled to get a CAS letter.

13. Can I apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa using my offer letter?

No. You need a valid CAS letter to apply for Tier 4 (General) student visa.


14. What documents do I need to provide the University to obtain an offer letter and CAS? 

• Full Passport copy (all pages)

• All visa copies (and biometric cards) including the first UK entry Visa (if applicable)

• All previous CAS/Visa letters issued from previous UK educational institutions (if applicable

• All educational transcripts and certificates obtained so far (including O level or GCSE, A level, Bachelor, Masters from back home)

• Bank statement showing the required maintenance fund for 28 days

• Progression and attendance letter from current UK educational institution (if applicable)

• Evidence of your UK study progress (result slips, certificates, transcripts from awarding body)

• English language proficiency certificates (e.g. IELTS)

• Statement of purpose justifying your choice of the course and educational institution

• University's application form (completed)

15. Do I need to provide original copies of the required documents to obtain a CAS?

If you are applying from outside UK, scanned copies are sufficient to obtain a CAS from University but you have to submit your original copies to your local British Embassy or High Commission.

16. What is the minimum English requirement to apply for Tier 4 (General) student visa?

Your Tier 4 Sponsor (UK educational institution) will assess your level of English language competence as part of their academic assessment of your ability to follow a particular course.

17. How would BW Business Solutions (UK) Ltd help me to get admission in University?

Your student applications will be prepared, assessed and submitted to our partner Universities and Colleges by our qualified and experienced advisors. In doing so, we will use our experience and expertise to gather necessary supporting evidence that will result into fast receiving of Offer Letter and CAS for the appropriate course from selected educational institution. Please refer to 'What makes us different' section on our website for further details.

18. Does BW Business Solutions (UK) Ltd charge for processing application fees?

No. We provide free consultancy services for students to help them selecting appropriate courses offered by their desired UK Universities and Colleges.

19. Do you offer General English courses and IELTS preparation courses?

Yes. We offer General English courses and IELTS preparation courses through our partner institutions

20. What supporting documents do I need to provide UKBA with my Tier 4 (General) student visa application?

• Your completed Tier 4 (General) 'print and send' form

• Your passport

• Your BRP (if applicable) or visa stamp

• Your photograph

• Your CAS

• Your Police Registration Certificate (if applicable)

• Certificates of your previous qualifications (if listed on your CAS)

• English Proficiency certificate (e.g. IELTS)

• Birth certificate

• Acceptable translations (if any documents are not in English)

• Your bank statements (or other financial document) covering 28 days or a financial sponsorship letter.

• Medical Certificate (if you are applying from certain countries, for further details please go to

Please note: The UKBA will only accept original documents, unless otherwise stated. You should keep a copy of all documents sent to the UKBA including your completed application form.

21. What is the limit / Cap on studies in the UK under Tier 4 (General) Student category?

• If you are 18 years old or over, you can spend no more than 3 years in the UK studying below UK bachelor's degree level (Below Level 6) as a Tier 4 (General) student during your lifetime. You can spend this time studying one course or a number of courses.

• If you are 18 years old or over, you can spend no more than 5 years in the UK studying at or above UK bachelor's degree level (Level 6 or above) as a Tier 4 (General) student. This 5-year limit is in addition to any time spent studying below degree level as a Tier 4 (General) student and any time spent in the Tier 4 (Child) category.

• The limit will be 8 years, if you are studying for a PhD at a recognised body or at an Higher Education Institution (allowing you an additional 3 years for Phd study on top of the 5 year limit at Level 6 or above).

22. What happens after making my Tier 4 (General) student visa application?

You should receive two letters from the Home Office; one confirming that they have received your application and another asking you to make an appointment for your biometric information (photograph and fingerprints) to be taken. This information is then used to create a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) which replaces the visa in your passport. For more information click on Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) above. If your application is successful, your passport and documents will be returned by Recorded Delivery. Your BRP should be sent to you within 10 working days of the decision.